The Deep Learning Bird Image Identification System
For wildlife photographers, bird and nature enthusiasts, researchers and academics
Upload your bird images below, and the system will try to recognition them using Deep Learning/AI and Computer Vision
Do you have a large amount of bird images that needs identification/tagging?
- The system uses a deep learning model (a convolutional neural network), which has been trained on thousands of known images, to classify the images you upload. See How it Works.
- As this is a beta release, the system is still limited. Therefore, miss-identification of images are still possible.
- Over time, as we train the system further, the accuracy will get better, and the miss-classifications will reduce.
- The system can currently identify 312 species of birds. See the About page for details.
- We will not store any of the images you upload. The images are discarded as soon as the classification is made.
- The code of this application is open source, and publicly available at GitHub. Feel free to go through the code, and suggest improvements.